Sunday, January 31, 2010


I just love the elegance in this pic. So pretty!
I've always wanted a 1940's hat with netting. When I was little, My Mom would take me to consignment stores
and I would try on dress-up dresses and hats with netting... total girlie girl.
Secretly, I really wish my friends would want to do an all-out Vintage Party!
And that people wouldn't cop-out on it. But that we could have lovely 1940-ish party!
And I love the make-up in this picture... i am totally loving the eyeliner! The eyebrows are a bit much for me though :P
And I've always been told that I should stick with berry lip-stick--but i've always hated that.
But I actually like this shade on her.
Just some random thoughts...


Shout Out: To all the Seniors who have worked so hard on their theses, way to be!
I remember how hard that was, and I am so very very proud!
I remember thinking if all that work was for nothing, but I've found that it really shaped the direction I was headed--although considering a lot of other things, i'm pretty much on the exact time line i wrote in there, believe it or not.
So anyway, I am very proud of all of you!
I'm excited to see you grow into all that the Lord has for you as you finish CCA
and I'm uber excited to see you all launched into the next phase!
Loves!

3 comments:

  1. aww thanks for the little shout out samara!!!
    love you!!
    oh, and i TOTALLY want to do a 1940s vintage party, my favorite era, and i WONT cop out, i am talking full out darling!!
    just tell me the date and i will be there!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU SAMARA!!!
    i know it will be so worth it in the end! my love of literature is growing so much through this process and i can't wait to see where the Lord will take me.
    in regards to the 40s party...that is my FAVORITE era of ALL time!!! the fashion, the patriotism, the mustic - it's all so me! anywho, plan that party! love you girl and i so appreciate your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girlies! We should totally do it... i'm thinking June/July... after school when people are freer.
    I'll get some ideas together and let you all know!

    And I'm thinking TOTALLY vintage! Like shopping at Red Light and other vintage stores! hehehe! so exciting!

    ReplyDelete