Sunday, July 5, 2009

Peonies bloom!


My mom's peonies recently bloomed and have since all passed on to make way for daisies and roses...

But since they are probably my favorite flower, i paid very close attention to them this year. 
I waited, I helped water, I even harnessed their beauty as decorations and gifts to others. 
And their beauty was as overpowering as I had imagined while I waited.

But that was the funny part... waiting.
All I could see where lots and lots of little buds... 
Then one day the first bud started bust its little green cacoon.
Within two days, 5 peonies had fully bloomed! 
I mean, there was a little one inch bud.... then two days later, 
we had flowers with tons of petals that measured three inches in diameter!
How the heck does that happen?
Only God!

That's right...
Then I realized.... sometimes, He works in our lives like He works in the peony.
No one can see the inside of the bud of our heart--but He is at work!
And then one day, suddenly and all of a sudden, we bloom!
We reach our appointed time!
We awaken to the image of himself that he has been crafting in our bud-like hearts!
We bloom and our holiness becomes attractive--people can't fail to see God's work or His Beauty!

I've decided, I don't mind growing like a peony.
It's ok if no one else sees my progress... just wait, one day it will be evident.
I can be patient, I know what's in store.
I've seen a peony bloom.

4 comments:

  1. I love this! Great revelation Sammy. And I meant to talk to you more yesterday but I was in kind of an awkward position if you know what I mean :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay. I would love to be a peony. :) Love you, Samara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, wonderful image. What a great picture of what Pastor Norm spoke on a few weeks back in regards to waiting and appointed time. i recently was reading through my last church journal and I came across a sermon called "The In Between Time" and it tied in so incredibly to what you are saying here, and what p. norm's been saying..its from July last year if you want to look it up. Its sooo encouraging for this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kati!!! I didn't even think about those messages! But it is so true! Aahhh! Thanks for the encouragements :)

    ReplyDelete