Sunday, April 18, 2010

Beauty in the desert...

I saw myself kneeling in a lush green place, like a wood or a jungle. He was kneeling beside me. Before me was a wall of flame, and, on the other side, was a desert.
“Must I go through there?”
“Yes, you must.”
I stared at the desert and then stared in His eyes. Those beautiful eyes totally melted me.
“This is for my kids, isn’t it?”
His silence served as more than an affirmation. His eyes said, "Yes, for them and so many more."
“Will you be with me?”
“No matter if you feel me or not, I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
“But will I see you?”
“You will seek me and you will find me when you search for me with all of your heart.”
I held His hand and squeezed it. “I really enjoy these sweet times with you.”
Without really knowing why, I started crying. His left hand caressed my face, “Your tears in the desert water the field of buried dreams. Samara, you have no idea what the beauty of the desert is.”
I took a deep breath… I looked back into his eyes. “I love you.”
“I love you too, Samara.”
Pressing through my tears, I whispered, “And I trust you…”

"Therefore I am now going to allure her;
I will lead her into the desert
and speak tenderly to her...
I will betroth you to me forever.." - Hosea 2:14, 19

1 comment:

  1. Samara, when i finished this i wanted to sit here and cry in His wonderful Presence. this is beautiful. thank you for sharing it <3

    ReplyDelete