Saturday, April 24, 2010

Passages from Isaiah 42-43 in the Message:

"But I'll take the hand of those who don't know the way,
who can't see where they're going.
I'll be a personal guide to them,
directing them through unknown country.
I'll be right there to show them what roads to take,
make sure they don't fall into the ditch.
These are the things I'll be doing for them--
sticking with them, not leaving them for a minute...
Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you.
I've called your name.
You're mine!
When you're in over your head,
I'll be there with you.
When you're in rough waters, you won't go down.
When you're between a rock and a hard place,
it won't be a dead end--
Because I am God, your personal God,
The Holy of Israel, your Savior.
I paid a huge price for you:
all of Egypt, with rich Cush and Seba thrown in!
That's how much you mean to me!
That's How much I love you!
I'd sell off the whole world to get you back,
trade the creation just for you.
So don't be afraid: I'm with you..."

Words that go straight to the heart of a pioneer daughter. It doesn't matter where I get lost--He is my guide. It's not the end of the world when I am overwhelmed--He is with me. It doesn't even matter when I mess up--He is my acceptance. He says, "You're mine... even when no one else would pick you. Even when you wouldn't even pick you--You are mine!!! I'm calling your name. Take my hand. I can lead you through the desert and I will never abandon you! Don't be afraid: I'm with you..."

And I am overwhelmed--but I'm beginning to be more overwhelmed by Him and His goodness and His abundant love than by my worries, fears, and responsibilities. I have felt this week that I was "between a rock and a hard place." But His goodness is leading me through. No dead ends. He showed me the depths of His love. He asked me to dance with Him in the desert. And so we danced...

I am finally convinced that no man's love could ever be enough. No man's attentions could satisfy. Nobody could ever bring the conviction I need or the comfort I so desperately crave. He is so much more valuable than a husband could ever be.
I never thought I'd get to this place! I heard other people who could say that, but I wondered if it could possibly be true. I've wanted to be married so long and so bad--and now, I am wholly content with Him. All I need is His presence. All I want is to see His face! One day with him is better than a thousand could be with my future husband. Everyone, everything else pales in the brilliance of His eyes and the glory of His face! I wish I could convey this weighty revelation with justice. But language fails...

This morning I read, Psalm 131 (Message), and this is what it said:
"Wait for God. Wait with hope.
Hope now; hope always!"
I am in raptures over this verse! Not only is it so unbelievably incredible... It brings to mind one of my most favorite quotes of any book of all time: the final lines of The Count of Monte Cristo -- "all human wisdom is contained in these words: Wait and hope!"
The Lord so speaks to me through literature (i love it!) and I could so clearly hear Him speaking to me in this verse. All I need is to wait and hope and dance with Him in the desert...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Samara...you don't even know how much I needed to hear this!!! LOVE your blog and love you! You are such an encourager.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks Kayla! Love you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete