Saturday, September 26, 2009

john keats... falling in love with words


never before have i really loved poetry--never, until now...

Hither Hither Love

Hither, hither, love---
'Tis a shady mead---
Hither, hither, love!
Let us feed and feed!

Hither, hither, sweet---
'Tis a cowslip bed---
Hither, hither, sweet!
'Tis with dew bespread!

Hither, hither, dear
By the breath of life,
Hither, hither, dear!---
Be the summer's wife!

Though one moment's pleasure
In one moment flies---
Though the passion's treasure
In one moment dies;---

Yet it has not passed---
Think how near, how near!---
And while it doth last,
Think how dear, how dear!

Hither, hither, hither
Love its boon has sent---
If I die and wither
I shall die content!

3 comments:

  1. ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW? I swear I've talked ot you about Keats a couple of times before!! He's my favorite romantic poet... I fell in love with him the year before last when I took a class on Romantic Poetry by a woman named Ramonda Modiano... she's my favorite professor as of now at UW.. and I doubt she will be beat in the year to come, she was brilliant and caring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! I love this one too! Great minds think a like because only three days after this did I put up a John Keats poem on my blog! I didn't even know you had anything up yet. He is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kati - you probably did... but i probably disregarded you because of my own prejudice against poetry :(

    @Kandi - I saw that and laughed! I did see the movie and LOVED it!!!

    ReplyDelete