Saturday, September 12, 2009

name change

after thinking about it for quite some time... i've decided to change the name of my blog. so there it is: "a common girl with not so common dreams..."

i'm not entirely sold on it. but today, as i was jotting down partial song lyrics that just came from here and there, this one came to me. the song was a duette--one between the lover and the beloved. the girl was shocked, confused even at why this prince would love her... one so simple. and so they sang:
Prince: Lovely, Darling
Girl: What is it that you see?
Precious? Princess?
Prince: A common girl with not so common dreams...

And it stuck. I really want to finish this song. i have so many hodge podge pieces of lyrics. but i want something whole and satisfying to emerge.

i guess this is a good time to express that God has been doing SO much in my heart towards the arts lately. definitely stirring things up. I just love them! I'm falling in love with Austen all over again as I read Emma. I'm drawn to fashion like never before. Tomorrow I'm going to the Bravern (a new shopping center in Bellevue). It's like a little bit of Manhattan right here on the eastside. I'm also eagerly anticipating a new documentary called the September Issue. It is entirely about the creation of the september issue of Vogue. I'm also falling in love with music more and more! Artists that have recently inspired me: Phil Danyew, Regina Spektor, Myleene Klass, and sooo many others. Needless to say... I love expressions of creativity and individuality!

So i guess... that's just a little update :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your passion for creativity...I love the new title...I love all your encouragement. Thanks for always treasuring the details in others. :)

    PS, School is almost here again! Yeah for sweaters, tights, scarves, hats, gloves and hot drinks!! :)

    ReplyDelete