Thursday, September 17, 2009

dreams come true...

All my life (ok-at least since I was 12), I've wanted to take French. So I'm finally in college, I go to register for the first quarter of French--and its full! So i registered for Italian. But I just could not get excited about it. I watched an Italian-themed chick-flick, I listened to Josh Groban and Andrea Bocelli, and I looked at pictures of my beloved Florence. But none of it worked.

But... the other night, I was on the registration page for UW and there it was: 1 spot in 1 French class. So I took it!!!
Praise Jesus! Dreams really do come true and I am going to learn French. So someday, when I'm studying in England, I can take a train to Dover, under the Chunnel (or, more epically, take a boat!) to Calais, spend some time by the sea and then on to the place of my dreams: Paris! Aahhh! And I'll be able to order from the cafe's and have fun in the shoppes--all because I am learning some French!!!

YAY!

PS - Kati, I am soooo sorry we won't be able to speak Italian together :(
I'll make it up to you someday!

3 comments:

  1. oh!! i want to learn french with all my heart!! i have the same dream!! well, i want to live in europe for a bit too, and i want to speak fluent french there, it is the most beautiful language!! gah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I can definitely see you speaking french - it is right up your alley. I love how much of a romantic you are!

    P.S. did you see the movie, "Julie & Julia". It's a wonderful movie that not only highlights the incredible art of cooking, but has scenes of Julia being in France.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samara, hahahaaaaaa! Its okay. Someday, I will speak italian with someone, lol. I'm so excited that a dream's coming true for you :)

    ReplyDelete