Monday, November 21, 2011

So, some of you know already and others have probably guessed, but I just wanted to make it official. 

I'm applying to Oxford.

The program I'm looking at is a 9-month M.St. (Masters of Studies) in English Lit. It is not quite equivalent to an M.A. but it would qualify me to go on for a Ph.D., which is the ultimate goal.
Please pray for me, if you think about it. The application is due January 20--less than 2 months! I have some wonderful people helping me, but there is so much to do. I seriously feel like I've taken on a 5th class. Between meeting with 1 or 2 people a week and sending emails, drafting my CV, sending more emails, and thinking about my Statement of Purpose--its a bit overwhelming. 

But, I know He's called me to do this and I know that He is faithful.
I've definitely been reciting Oxford's motto a lot lately: "Dominus Illuminatio Mea." 
God, enlighten me.

This has been such an incredible journey already and I can't wait to share more about it with you guys.



3 comments:

  1. So proud of you, Samara! I will definitely be praying over the next couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool, Samara. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete