Monday, November 28, 2011

Just emailed two of the leading Austen scholars at Oxford University to see if I could study under them. [gulp]
Tomorrow I'm meeting with a professor here at UW who graduated from Harvard summa cum laude--summa!--after which he became a Rhodes scholar.
Talking to these people make me feel sooooo small. Which is really good, but not easy.
I was so grateful for Pastor Norm's message yesterday. He shared on John 2--water into wine--and at the end he talked about the 6 stone pots. He pointed out that 6 is the number of imperfection and that these would have been very simple stone pots. But he closed by saying, "The pots didn't contain God's glory, they facilitated it." That is my word for the week!
Jesus help me facilitate your glory... especially to really smart, cool people!

No comments:

Post a Comment