Sunday, July 17, 2011

Strange and fascinating...

Today as I was leaving a restaurant, an older gentleman held up his sketchpad to me. On it was a profile sketch of a young lady."Who's that?" I asked.
"It's you," he replied.
Apparently, during lunch with friends, he was trying to sketch me.
Kind of cool. Kind of weirded me out.

I found out that a guy who goes to the church I'm attending knows Marcus Mumford =)

As we were driving through Oxford--actually at a stop light--the weather went straight from dry to a thunder-storm-like downburst of rain. No sprinkles. No warning. Just monsoon force rain for about 2 minutes.

While hanging out at a church friend's flat, he broke out his record player and vinyls. I got to sit around with a bunch of Oxford grads listening to old school ELO and Genesis records. Haha... wow =)


4 comments:

  1. Did that guy give you the picture he drew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, he did not. I thought about asking him for it, but I was afraid he would try to charge me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a muse! Why am I not surprised? :-)

    I am so glad you are on this trip. For one, I'm living vicariously, but for another, I can see just how thoroughly you are enjoying it. This trip will change you, all for the better, by bringing out the "you" in you. These memories will last you a lifetime.

    My only complaint? MORE updates, please!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete