Friday, March 2, 2012

how winter quarter stacked up...

Tonight I finished The Tempest and, in so doing, finished off my reading load for the quarter.

And what a load it has been...

*Disclaimer: I have not read everything in that pile... but most of it.
For some of those books, only portions were assigned (e.g. Shakespeare and Mansfield).

The Rainbow - D. H. Lawrence
Othello - William Shakespeare
Macbeth - William Shakespeare
Selected Short Stories - Katherine Mansfield
Clarissa - Samuel Richardson
King Lear - William Shakespeare
Moments of Being - Virginia Woolf
To the Lighthouse - Virginia Woolf
Measure for Measure - William Shakespeare
Waterland - Graham Swift
Winter's Tale - William Shakespeare
Tom Jones - Henry Fielding
Atonement - Ian McEwan
The Tempest - William Shakespeare

But I added up an approximation of what I actually read:
Nearly 2500 pages in 2 months (62 days to be precise)

Things I cannot count: The number of...
...times I groaned reading Lawrence
...times I thought, "Ok, Clarissa, we get it. Move along now."
...beautiful quotes in Moments
...moments of frustration with Tom Jones
...nights/mornings my family found me asleep on a couch--book in my lap, crick in my neck

haha... yes, I'm odd.
I'm a nerd.
And I seriously couldn't have done this quarter without Jesus!

Now, after reading 2,500 pages, how hard could it possibly be to write 20?

3 comments: