Thursday, March 1, 2012

March 1. Surprise!

Today held so many fun surprises. Seriously, the day turned out waaay better than my sleep-deprived self expected or deserved.

12.30 AM - Finished Atonement. I knew the twist going into the book, but my feelings at the end were not what I had anticipated.

9.30 AM - At work, found out they were hosting an employee appreciation BBQ. Free lunch. So fabulous!

12.45 PM - Like usual, I parked beneath the Kirkland library to go catch my bus, but had some time and decided to run into the library real fast. Who should be walking towards the entrance at the same moment but my Mom?? Spontaneous Mother-daughter library date! Short, but sweet =)

2.45 PM - After picking up a chai, courtesy of Starbucks today, I found myself in the first honours' class this quarter that I thoroughly enjoyed! Woof was interesting... but not as exciting and enthusiast-sparking as today's. Of course, it helps that the topic was as fabulous a novel as Atonement. The coolest part is that the Lord totally downloaded some exciting ideas for my final paper--which will be on the inherent problems of family narratives, comparing the "factional" To the Lighthouse and fictional Atonement. Very excited about some of the ideas I had today.

One last surprise: even after a flurry of snow and the threat of rain, the day turned out fine--sunny, albeit cold. The mountains showed no proof of their existence--too cloudy for that--but at least the world smiled back at my enthusiasm, rather than douse it--all too typical in Seattle.

I'm so grateful for all of the day's surprises. And I hope it is a good omen for a month of which I have high expectations ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment