Tuesday, September 11, 2012

So, the weekend was fabulous. And I just had to share a bit.

Started off Friday night celebrating the lovely Cami Morrill =)
For her birthday, we went to a lovely little French place called Le Pichet.
For the record... being able to sit and relish french cuisine for three hours (which is as it was meant to be eaten), to fellowship over good food with fun friends, that is refreshing. And I'm so grateful I got to spend that time with Cami & Co.

[The group, with the gorgeous birthday girl on the far left =]

Saturday was equally stellar!
What to do on one of the last summery days of the year? Satisfy one of your summer wishes!
After trying to find the perfect day schedule and weather-wise... on saturday I took Sarah paddle-boarding!


It's been a goal of mine for about a year and half... and it was so worth it!!
She and I went to a fabulous little place on South Lake Union. From there, we paddled ourselves across the lake to Gasworks. Weaving in and out of the paths of sail-boats, being serenaded by jazz music from the house-boats (I like to believe Tom Hanks lives in one ;), and marveling at all the fascinating names of boats--favorites being Starward and Daedalus--we glided atop the water and enjoyed Seattle Sun. 
I can't recommend the experience highly enough. I found stress seemed to melt out there on the water. And there were many priceless moments I won't soon forget. 
So loved getting this opportunity and now I'm just bummed I'll have to wait till next spring to do it again... but I'm already dreaming of the day when I can buy my own board and paddle =)

Hope you had a fabulous weekend and that the week has started well for you!
Bonsoir, mon amis.

3 comments:

  1. Ah yes a wonderful weekend indeed. Thanks again for the most amazing paddle boarding experience! It was unforgettable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly there is no place like Seattle <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Samara! So glad you were there! :)
    Fun to hear about your paddle board experience. I would like to try it one of these days. I was also talking to Madison the other day, and she said she has started doing it too.

    ReplyDelete