Thursday, July 21, 2011

Tonight, I feel that I became more British. I had bangers & mash for the first time!
For those of you who don't know (which was me about 3 weeks ago), bangers & mash is a typical British meal composed of sausages served over mashed potatoes and perhaps something served on the side.
A few of my friends and I went to an adorable little bangers & mash place in Oxford called "The Big Bang." It was such a fun restaurant!
First off, they handed us these "menus."
They are actually old books. They've glued the menu inside the book. Loved it.
Oh, and did I mention that the table-top was a collage of old dictionary pages? So cool!
Ok... then they brought out our glasses and drinks. They've frozen a lemon slice inside of the ice cube! Brilliant!
I had an incredible Lime & Lemonade. Just so fun.
Water pitcher. Yah, adorable!
"The Big Bang" specials. Just a few of the amazing sausage options they have!
Look what we found while looking through the dictionary pages on our table.
Just confirmation that tonight was supposed to happen =)
Kristina, eagerly waiting for her bangers & mash
(and looking so cute if I do say so myself =)
My first bangers & mash:
I had 1 venison sausage (venison is sooo good ;) and one lamb and rosemary sausage.
Underneath was garlic and rosemary mash potatoes covered with a rosemary gravy.
[Yes... I went a little crazy with the rosemary, but it was so good!]
On the side were peas and red cabbage, which I tried, but did not eat. Sorry =/
Oh... did I mention that all of the food and drinks come from local produce?

Tonight was food heaven, not to mention a really fun time!
If you're ever in Oxford, check out The Big Bang. You will not be disappointed.

2 comments: