Friday, April 1, 2011

Oxford

Today...........

:)

I was accepted to the St. Peter's College Oxford study abroad program.

oh wow!!


This would be "school" for 6 weeks this summer.
I can hardly believe it!
I think this part looks so regency I love it!

Isn't beautiful???

I would be studying Jane Austen--each of her works--and travelling to Bath and Chawton to see where she lived.
I have read those works before, but I cannot wait to study them academically.

St. Peter's is a Welsh college, located in the center of Oxford--not too far from Christ Church or Magdalen College. It was founded in 1929, though its buildings are much older.
One of its more famous alums is actor/English major, Hugh Dancy :)

This is the college's chapel, one of the many sights I hope to become familiar with.
I never used to like gothic architecture, but UW has got me over that [mostly].

Oh my! It still hasn't sunk in. It's too incredible.
Well, the only barrier now between Oxford and myself is my finances.
I need to raise several thousand dollars in just 6 weeks. I'm trusting the Lord and praying hard.

But I am so so so excited about the opportunity! I am very blessed.

7 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHHH! YAY!!! I am so excited for you, although I am gonna miss you so much when you are gone! It will be so lonely at home without you for 1 and 1/2 months, but I know you will have such an incredible time! You rock. Way to go sis. Getting into oxford isn't the easiest thing, I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHMYWORDDDDD!!!!!!!!
    Samara!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats, this is so huge! I am SO excited for you. What an incredible, amazing, beyond words opportunity! Oxford, literature, Jane, accents, old architecture, tea and chapels - can life get better?! I wish you could take me with you ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash! I wish I could take you with me too!!! haha Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot! Congrats, Samara! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! What a great experience. I look forward to reading your posts from Oxford. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps I can help you overcome any remaining reserves about Gothic architecture (it is my FAVORITE!). So excited for you Samara!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Kati - perhaps you can. We still need to do coffee sometime =)

    ReplyDelete