Friday, April 29, 2011

I have a new favorite joy: flower shopping.
In fact, I think I'm going to take up gardening. Today is my mom's birthday and the only thing she asked for was flowers to plant in her front garden beds. Every year she buys the same flowers, and they're cute, but I reeeally wanted to experiment with other things. Now, I hardly knew anything (still don't know much) about flowers and gardening. So I headed off to a local nursery. A really nice older lady helped educate me on a bunch of different types of flowers. But the best part was picking out the variety of flowers. I bought 9 plants in 5 varieties. My favorite was a stunning corally-orange geranium!!
It was such a blast. Plus I get to go back and buy more flowers today! Hopefully planting them goes well. I have the spacing planned out and I think it will be gogeous.
I'm just praying that she likes them since they aren't what she would normally pick out. But I'm hoping she's willing to try these.
I told my younger sister that we should pool our money together and make up a pot of flowers.

PS... she LOVED them!!!
Check out some of my favorite flowers =)

If you've followed my blog for a while, you will know that I love corally pink peonies!
I just can't fathom how one flower can contain all those petals. The Lord gave me some revelation regarding this particular flower which you can read about here.
My mom has a peony bush. The color is more of a light pink, but they're still gorgeous. The stems are growing rapidly and a month from now we should start to enjoy the first bloom =)

I'm not exactly sure why, but I'm very drawn to coral :)
This is the geranium I was talking about earlier. Isn't the color captivating??
Ok... I think I have new 2nd favorite flower (peonies always being the first :)
This is a white non-stop begonia. I love it! I bought one of these for my mom too. I think it looks very rose like.
Oh and finally, these are juliet-orange diascias. I bought one of these as well. What I hadn't noticed, because ours haven't bloomed yet, is that they petals are actually asymetrical. What a lovely effect!

Ok... just a few faves. As gardening is my current obsession, you may see more on this in the near future. Oh, and I'll try to put up a picture of what my mom's flower beds look like once we've planted everything =)

No comments:

Post a Comment