Friday, April 8, 2011

Today was incredible! God gives the best gifts, and today those gifts took the form of glorious weather and some of the bestest friends.
The sunshine today was divine.

I started the day with a new cd I that I burned for my car and one of my favorite drives, from my home in Kirkland to the U-district.
Once I got there, my first order of business was to visit the quad. It was my first visit since they had bloomed--and they were stunning.
I had to take care of some business, but then it was off to Cafe Solstice for a date with my friend Helen. And straight from there I went to have lunch with another dear friend, Julia.
Before leaving, I had to linger a little longer in the quad, which by this time was crowded, but just as beautiful.
The drive back was relaxing--barefoot, windows down, and sun roof open :) I even caught a glimpse of Mt. Rainier. Praise Him!
I had a little time to kill, so I stopped off in downtown kirkland to visit my favorite dock. I was able to reflect on just how grateful I am that the Lord had me take this quarter off. He knows what I need.

From there, after a quick "costume change," it was off to the park to have a lovely date with these two:
Today was his first time ever visiting a park, and it happened to be the park that Melissa and I grew up going to: the choo-choo train park =)
He absolutely loved the swings
He's getting so big! And so handsome :)
Love this little guy so much...
Rounded off the day with a girl night at Melissa's house.
Such a beautiful day and a wonderful harbinger of many more to come =)

1 comment: