Friday, September 2, 2011

Watched 2 incredible films on my day off.
I took my sister to see The Help. It was as wonderful as everyone told me. Teared up off. Laughed more. But I loved how the film portrayed the impact stories could make.
I do have to say it was so odd to see Jessica Chastain in the role of Celia Foote--slightly different than her character in Tree of Life ;)

The other film I watched was 84 Charing Cross Road.
[Vintage movie poster]
It's the touching, true story of playwright and avid book-lover Helene Hanff and her correspondance with London Bookshop owner, Frank Doel.
[Marks & Co. - as it was then]
A dear friend of mine told me about the film before I left for England and I bought it thinking I would watch it on the plane. That did not end up happening, but while in London, I found myself on Charing Cross Road and snapped a picture of what is left of 84 Charing Cross Road
["84 Charing Cross Road - The Booksellers Marks & Co. were on this site
 which became world renowned through the book by Helen Hanff"]
I just adored the film. I mean: London, New York, bookshops, old books, incredible authors, friends, the 1960's... what more does a girl really want??
[Came across the first edition cover and just love it!]

Enjoy the long weekend!! Let me know if you see any especially good films =)

No comments:

Post a Comment