Wednesday, February 11, 2009

FBLA

I remember the first time I placed at regionals. I remember the first time I placed at state. What exhilaration! I was only 13, and I had discovered part of myself. I didn't realize where it would take me...

After 4 years in FBLA, 4 little plaques from state, and a trophy from nationals, I returned to FBLA competitions today--as an advisor. It was quite a strange experience. I have never been so painfully aware that I am no longer in high school. Sadly, people kept asking me what high school I was from and what competitions I was competing in. ARGH! If only I could be 18, but look 20!


That aside, it was so weird! I wasn't nervous for me, I was nervous for THEM. Is that what being a mother is going to feel like? I don't know. I just felt the joys and heartbreaks in such a different way. It's funny how things like that can change in just a few years... 

hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment