Monday, March 8, 2010


Do you have those people in your life that you could just talk to for EVER! I'm not even joking. Like, one time Natasha Cunningham and I talked for 10 hours straight--and it wasn't enough! I could have talked for another 10! I don't know if this is a gift or a vice. But, anyway, I just find incredible when I find those other people who I have to pry myself away from.
My writing professor is one of those people. She is so incredible! I get around her, and all of my passions for literature start going off like fireworks. We see eye to eye on so many controversial English topics, which is rare. But more than that, there is just a common fundamental respect for what literature requires.
Today she and I got to talk for 2 and half hours! haha... it was insane. I was pretty much ready to sign up for 6 years of grad school on the spot. It was like she flipped my "inspiration" switch--which I need, going in to finals week!
And I was able to share how I feel. Something that I am becoming more and more aware of is the way the Lord is changing my heart about Literature. Before this quarter, I would see stuff that I disagreed with or frustrated me, and that's where it would end: with me being frustrated. But after this quarter, I feel completely different... Now when I run into something in the department that I think is "off," this little voice inside whispers, "Samara, what are you going to do to effect things positively?" But it's different than it ever has been before. Before, I would have thought, "I have to fix this!" Now, it's more of a realization that, "Wow, I can offer a different answer. I can 'be the change I want to see.'" (thanks Jessie for always reminding us) I am just realizing that I do have something different to offer. And I'm seeing now that it needs to be offered. And that's exciting.

So, yes, that was my day. It was pretty nerdy... but I thought it was rather fun =)

No comments:

Post a Comment