Monday, November 22, 2010

So... today was adventurous. I seriously can't remember the last time we got snow-like real snow, not just a flurry-before Thanksgiving.

Let me describe my day to you:

5:30 - alarm goes off. I am wrapped in my usual winter blanket regimen: i'm wearing socks, sweat pants, and a sweatshirt; fleece blanket #1; sheet; electric blanket; comforter; fleece blanket #2. My toes are cold. I hit the snooze.
5:47 - after a few snoozes, I decide I should actually get up.
6:10-ish - I get out of the shower. I took an extra long time in the warm water knowing it would be the warmest I would get today. Now, wrapped in another blanket, it's Jesus time!
7:00 - after some reeeally good time with the Man, I'm up making breakfast, doing my make-up and planning the optimal outfit: two layers of socks (one really warm pair), new rain boots, leggings, jeans, a t-shirt, scarf #1, heavy sweater, scarf #2, pea-coat, and hat.

8:10 - I leave for the bus. My toes are cold.
8:18 - I get on the bus
8:48 - Our bus gets in line for the on-ramp from 405 to 520.
9:12 - Our bus is finally on 520.
9:30 - My Greek art class is supposed to start. I'm still on the bus.
9:38 - I finally reach campus.
9:45 - I finally reach my classroom. They've just announced class has been cancelled. My toes are really cold.
10:00 - Starbucks! By this point, my toes are so frozen that I can't feel them.

11:30 - A very intriguing Communication class
12:30 - lunch and reading in the library. Did I mention my toes are still cold?
1:30 - English class... another lovely class.
3:30 - the wait for the bus begins... it is snowing and cold.
3:35 - I ran into a former co-worker from officemax, David Moneymaker, and we were waiting for the same bus. I may be cold and stranded, but I am no longer alone :)
3:55 - Our bus finally came. The streets are dangerous and everything is slow going.
5:05 - A long bus ride and one new york cross word puzzle later, we are in the kirkland area.
5:35 - My brother picks me up from the bus stop.
5:50 - I am finally home safe and sound :)

7:00 - My toes are finally thawed :)

Whew! Quite an adventurous day... so glad to sleep safely in my warm bed. My dad is literally stranded in his office at work and is sleeping in his office tonight. God bless him.

Tomorrow should be an adventure all in itself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment