Sunday, May 15, 2011

What a weekend...

Friday night started with a delightful book exchange. Honestly, this was one of the best parties I've ever been to. The location and decor was so much fun and the event required we dressed in something sartorially inspired. I didn't quite know what to wear, so I converted one of my favorite old sweaters into a vest and wore it with a dress.
As wonderful as that all was, my favorite part was the wonderful company. I love being in groups where there is a mix of people in all different stages of life: college age, young career, young marrieds, couples with a growing family, etc. I just love all the other perspectives. I had so many deep conversations with people I don't normally get to talk with. It was just splendid.
I also got to be there for part of my little sister's birthday party =) She and a bunch of friends went ice-skating. So much fun.

Saturday morning I worked. But then after that, I had a spontaneous fun date with my dear friend Julia. It wasn't even like a normal date. You know you're really good friends when you enjoy just running errands together. I love that girl so much.
After church, my roommates and I watched Phantom of the Opera - which totally rekindled my love of musicals. Hopefully I'll get to see Les Miserables in London's West End when I'm there.

Today I worked a nice, long shift. It was wonderful and I really appreciate the extra money. Plus I got to know some of the newer salesmen better. And tonight was a blast. As I said, I'm totally into musicals at the moment and both Mary Poppins and Mozart's Magic Flute are playing in Seattle right now and I really wish I could go see one of them. Mary Poppins was my all-time favorite, most watched movie as a little girl. When I heard it was going to be at the Paramount, I got super excited, but sad that I wouldn't be able to go. So my sister and I made up for it by watching the disney movie again. I think I love it even more as an adult. So much in there about the importance of wonder and the imagination. And the dialogue is way more enjoyable as an adult. Case in point:
"Actually, do you know what there's no such thing as? It turns out, with due respect, when all is said and done, that there's no such thing as YOU!"
A wonderful evening and wonderful close to the weekend.

Bonne nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment