Sunday, May 8, 2011

In other news...

- I finally got to plant my mom's flowers and it is official: I love gardening! The front of the house is gorgeous! Lots of vibrant color which is exactly what I hoped for. I still have a LOT to learn, but I had so much fun!
I also bought a pot and flowers and made up a mother's day present for Melissa. We dropped it off at her house so it was waiting for her when she got home from the hospital. She loved it =)
"One is nearer God's heart in a garden than anywhere else on earth." - Dorothy Frances Gurney

- Beks is finally home!!! My dear friend has been away at college in Kentucky, but she's back now! We have just two months together before I fly off on my grand adventure, but I have no doubt we'll make the most of it ;)

- I register for classes on tuesday and i think I'll be taking:
- English 494: Honors Seminar "Books of Memory and Forgetting"
- English 333: English Novel... Austen, Dickens, the Brontes, happiness!!!
- Classics 427: Greek and Roman Tragedy in English, Aeschylus, Euripides, Sophocles, and Seneca =)
- Dance 102: Intro to Dance: Dance Appreciation and Intro to Ballet and Modern Technique

I'm stoked! The honors seminar should be hard, but not as hard as my grad seminar. Unfortunately, every professor teaching in the honors program is a post-modernist. I don't know why, but everything I've encountered that is post-modern is just depressingly sad. But I do love the topic of "memory and forgetting." I've been a part of very interesting discussions regarding that. Oh! and "The English Novel"--that is one of the classes that I've wanted to take since starting at UW. I will have just come back from studying Austen, so it will be fun to hear different readings. And classical tragedies--not nearly as depressing as post-modern novels. I absolutely love Oedipus Rex and Phaedra (by Seneca) and so many others. It will be fun to study them for a whole quarter. And finally dance! Over the last 2 weeks, I have had such a strong urge to start dancing again! I am so excited about the possibility of taking this class. I can get up, move, and express myself. Plus... it's motivation to get in shape again ;)

- Still no word on housing in Oxford. My heart is in this place in between 1) feeling desperate, like I should be striving to find a place to live and 2) trusting that the Lord has something amazing for me and I just need to be obedient to contact people. I have had a few nightmares though of having nowhere to live. Peace and trust are always a battle, aren't they? I just know that the Lord wants me there and will open up this last door for me. But pray for me if you think of it!

Well, I think that's all the news I have for you right now, but I'll keep you posted. Sweet dreams lovelies...

No comments:

Post a Comment