Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ok... so you may have heard of somone in a Starbuck's drive-thru covering the tab of the customer behind them. But have you ever heard of soomeone paying for another person's car battery??
I'm a cashier at a Honda dealership and today, my coworker and I were just cashing out customers when she had a customer come up to pay for her oil change. But before paying, she said, "I'm sorry, but I overheard a service advisor telling that customer over there that she needs a new battery, but apparently she's facing some financial trouble. Is there any way I could pay for her battery without her knowing?" She covered the entirety of the other woman's $93.06 bill. After our shock and gratefulness, she said, "I've just been having a really bad day and thought I could brighten it by helping someone else..." After paying, she quietly left.
Later, the service advisor for the other customer came up and informed her that her battery had been paid for. She started crying--crying in public! It was so precious!

It was just a beautiful moment. The world is still so beautiful.
Not only that, but I was so convicted. How often do I go out of my way to help other people? Am I willing to really sacrifice for people I don't even know? I'm hoping that I can spread a fraction of the joy that woman brought today.

be filled with hope... :)

3 comments: