Friday, October 30, 2009

I've been terribly neglectful, but just had to write down a thought I had earlier this week.

I'm now considering double-majoring in English and Communications but to do this, I had to meet with an advisor. To my delight, I discovered that I can in fact graduate with a double major in the regular 4 years of school! (YIPPEE!!!)
The counselor and I spent the whole meeting talking about taking this class here and that class there in order to accomplish both when this thought hit me: College is like a giant, expensive, significant game of yahtzee! haha
The first year, no matter what you "roll" (or take) it counts for something. Now in my sophomore year, I have to be strategic about what I'm trying to "get out of the way." For me the 4 of a kind and straights are always hard to get but I may save me full house for another turn. And in the same way, I'm trying to get specific classes out of the way so that my junior and senior year, I'm not stuck but enjoying the game!

I don't know if that makes any sense, but it helped to lighten my mood so i thought i'd share :)

1 comment:

  1. That's so true, Lola! ;) Freshman year was so much fun and randdom...now it's down to business time!

    ReplyDelete