Sunday, November 22, 2009

a daughter's heart

Lately, God has been putting such a burden on my heart for different women's issues lately: abuse, cutting, domestic violence, trafficking, etc. I know Papa wants to restore and renew! So... i thought I would blog about just a few different things that have lately come to my attention

This makes me so proud of my school! Recently the Greek Community put together an even called "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes." The event drove nearly 200 college guys to buy size 14 high-heels and make a 1 mile march against domestic violence! Check out the full story at the link above.

I recently saw a music video my Red Jumpsuit Apparatus called Face Down. It's a song about domestic violence. The lyrics speak for themselves: "Do you feel like a man when you push her around?"

Another music video--one of my favorites--is by a group called Between the Trees. The song is The Way She Feels. It's a song based on and featuring Renee, the girl who inspired "To Write Love on Her Arms." For those who haven't already read her incredible story, you can read it here.

One final video, and this one is hard to watch, is an domestic-violence awareness video that Keira Knightley and Joe Wright (Director of Pride and Prejudice and The Atonement) collaborated on. The video is graphic as it shows Keira getting beaten up but offers such an incredible, unforgettable message.

This blog may be a sort of "downer," but we have to wake up! So I invite you to take this little journey and see if it touches your heart and perhaps gives you an answer. Please leave comments with your thoughts on these issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment