Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Featured Artist:

Gungor

[Ghosts Upon the Earth]

I've been in love with this album for a while now; but the more I listen to it, the more I appreciate its intricacies--poetical, musical, and otherwise.
From Let there be Light on-wards, it is such a treat. I think artists are always attempting to create holistic and cohesive albums--ones where you can't just listen to one song or put it all on shuffle because the flow is too precious to divide up. This goal is becoming increasingly harder in the age of iTunes, but Gungor really achieved it on this album.

A few lyrical delights:

"All praises to the One who made it all
who made it all
All praises to the One who made it all
and finds it beautiful
...Fearfully and wonderfully and beautifully made"
- Crags and Clay

"Where it comes flowers grow
Lions sleep, gravestones roll
Where death dies all things come alive..."
- When Death Dies

"When you first regarded me
Your eyes filled me with grace
Thereby again my eyes
Merited to adore you
Vous etes mon coure
You are my heart."
- Vous Etes Mon Coure
[yes, the chorus is in French,
yes, its a duet
and yes, its Michael and Lisa Gungor]

*   *   *   *   *

You should really look into this album (also available on grooveshark) and you can read more about the inspiration and musical achievements on Gungor's Blog.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Samara.
    I've been wanting to buy some of their music for YEARS now. Now, they might finally be next on my list. :)
    But, you know, Phil Wickham has his new CD too.

    What to do, what to do?

    ReplyDelete