Friday, October 28, 2011

Book Idea:

Take all the characters in English novels who have claimed something to the effect of: "I am the unnhappiest of men/women" or "no creature had ever been so miserable as I was" etc... and put those characters on trial. Then we can find out by comparison which fictional character was really the most miserable. We could in fact have 1st place, 2nd place, and honorable mention.

But then the others would need to go away and stop claiming to have the worst life.

Which characters do you know who have claimed that? Off the top of my head:
Caleb Williams
Victor Frankenstein
The Creature [I'm beginning to notice a family pattern ;]
Marianne Dashwood.

Sidenote: Some of the characters who I think may lay the best claim on the title, don't.

But go ahead, tell me who you know thinks they're unhappiest--and who really is??

1 comment: