Sunday, October 23, 2011

I am so dependant on the Lord right now, and that's a beautiful thing.
I'm in the middle of working on an annotated bibliography for William Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury. This was, honestly, the hardest book I've ever read. It was beyond confusing. But I've found that makes reading criticism more interesting. So I have to read and analyze at least 10 pieces of criticism for the bibliography (I've read 8).
As soon as I'm done with that, I get to dive into a paper on Frankenstein and Wuthering Heights. I'm actually looking forward to that one. I just don't have a lot of time to invest in it. But it should still be really interesting.
The really good news is that there is a light at the end of this tunnel: Jane Eyre. I read it for the first time last Christmas and I cannot wait to fall in love with it again (this time for a class). And my professor is the coolest--he is actually the editor for the Norton Critical edition for both Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre. Yes... in lit-nerd terms, that means he is amazing!
In the midst of all of this, I've kind of gotten sick. It's been getting worse over the last few days, but today it really hit =/ This isn't very good news, but, hopefully it won't affect school or work too much.
Just one more thing to trust the Lord with right now.

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing! Not all the stress that could cause... but I mean having that professor on those books, what a priviledge to learn from someone who's studied and been called a master. ;) PS, who is the professor??

    AND, I'd really love to read your paper on Frankenstein & WH when you finish it, email it to me, please? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The professor is Richard Dunn and he is incredible =)

    The paper is going to start off being about the first 2 novels, but eventually will include Jane Eyre and Hard Times and its going be a race/class/gender viewing of it... particularly of the gypsy components to Bronte novels and the race reading of The Creature in Frankenstein.

    ReplyDelete