Sunday, June 13, 2010

Today, Pastor Norm said that CCK was "25 with kids. She is in the age of distractions."
This struck a particular chord with me due to what I had read this morning:

I do want to point out, friends, that time is of the essence. There is no time to waste, so don't complicate your lives unnecessarily. Keep it simple—in marriage, grief, joy, whatever. Even in ordinary things—your daily routines of shopping, and so on. Deal as sparingly as possible with the things the world thrusts on you. This world as you see it is on its way out.
I want you to live as free of complications as possible...All I want is for you to be able to develop a way of life in which you can spend plenty of time together with the Master without a lot of distractions.

- I Corinthians 7:29-32, 35

That last verse is really familiar because it's the "undistracted devotion" verse. But, it seems so much more straightforward in this context. We can be distracted by so much more than guys or girls. I don't want to be distracted. I want to keep it simple!

Well, on a separate note, tomorrow begins my summer schedule:
Mondays: Work 7-noon at Honda, 1:30-5:30 at the clinic
Tuesdays: Work 7-noon at Honda, 1:30-5:30 at the clinic
Wednesdays: MORNING OFF!!! 1:30-5:30 at the clinic
Thursdays: Work 7-noon at Honda, 1:30-5:30 at the clinic
Friday: On/off, 1:30-5:30 at the clinic
Saturdays: 7-4 at Honda
Sundays: 2-7 at Honda

whew! And at the end of the month, I'm adding an online class to that schedule! crazy!
I just keep whispering to myself: "Oxford, oxford, oxford, oxford, oxford..."

Well, to end on a grateful note (btw, I'm soooo grateful for work!), today at work, someone had changed the XM radio to a Christian station, and it was left there until the last hour of my shift. I've never been so grateful to listen to Steven Curtis Chapman, Newsboys and Jacqui Valasquez... But there were some good ones too :-)
Thank you Jesus for day brighteners!

1 comment:

  1. I just came across your page...I look forward to following! Check out my blog as well: myheartohis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete