Thursday, January 26, 2012

Moments of Samara's day:

"Every morning when I wake up and see that there's a whole new other day, I just go absolutely ape."
- Audrey Hepburn, Paris When it Sizzles

Actually I woke up late this morning and my first words were most likely, "Oh crap!" =/
But after pulling myself together, I was able to get myself out the door at a decent time and headed to work.

*   *   *

Today I embarked on my first real adventure into the land of Virginia Woolf.
It's intimidating. I've been keeping her at an arms length. Waiting for this match.
But, just a bit of the way into her autobiographical work Moments of Being, I feel honored that I get to read and work with this material.
But it will still be a challenge and I'm half-bracing for, half-excited to engage.

*   *   *

Today I went Starbucks on the Ave before class.
But as I reached for the door, I had one of those awkward, depth-perception issues.
I missed the door handle, but was already propelling my body backwards.
By the time I came to a stand-still a few feet from the door, I just had to stand there and laugh for a moment before walking my silly self into the coffee shop.

*   *   *

I got another friend hooked on Downton Abbey
I'd apologize to Hannah for the pain this will cause her and what it may do to her study time...
But I think its a worthy sacrifice haha.

*   *   *

I am so, SO excited for all that the Lord has in store for overflow this year.
Tonight at church, we found out that our normal small groups are restructuring and its going to involve so much more time for relationship. This is my gig. I want to live the Good News out with my "Oikos" (I confess, I got so giddy when he used this Greek term, literally "household").
And Jesus really convicted me tonight about doing everything for His glory. I'm praying that keeps developing in my life.
If it's not for His glory, it's not worth doing.

*   *   *

I think we could easily re-name "Congregation Meeting" to "Quarterly Hug-fest."
I must have literally gotten between 15 and 20 hugs tonight.
It did my heart good... and reminded me how much I miss working with Sue Hale =(
All that to say--I have fabulous friends and I love good hugs.

*   *   *

Finally,
Alex - if you're reading this, you owe me a comment haha =)

1 comment:

  1. Sheesh, you're writing faster than I can comment, Samara! 2 posts since this one??? I will say, though, that hope I have the good fortune of seeing your dubious (based on some of the stories in your blog posts) gait in action. It's good to be able to laugh at oneself and share it with others, though.

    ReplyDelete