Saturday, January 7, 2012

Inspired by 221B

Ok... now that my favorite TV show is airing in the UK, I can't stop thinking about Sherlock and trying to catch all the hints I can about this new season.

[BBC Sherlock starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman.
Currently airing in the UK. Set to air in the US May 2012.]
 That being said, I wanted to share one of my favorite aspects of the show: the wallpaper.
I love this wallpaper. 

[Wallpaper by Zoffany]
In re-creating 221 B Baker Street, they did such an incredible job with the ecclectic assortment of wallpaper that, no matter how diverse, work so well together.

[Notice the three different patterns in this one shot alone?]
[Yet another assortment of patterns.
And yes, this is a still from the second season of Irene Adler (Laura Pulver) with Sherlock (Benedict Cumberbatch).]

[A pattern from Mrs. Hudson's flat, technically speaking, 221 A Baker Street.]
I'd really like to have a bold pattern on at least one of the walls of my future library (preferabbly something like the first one).
But if I did... I might not be able to resist the urge to spray paint a yellow smiley face on it.

[Smiley face courtesy of "The Blind Banker." Gunshot holes courtesy of "The Great Game."]
But don't worry, I wouldn't shoot at such a gorgeous pattern =)

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this show to come out in the US!!! Yes, favorite British show by far...perhaps my favorite show ever =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog with lot of cool posts about Sherlock Holmes :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete