Friday, July 27, 2012

fourteen.

So incredibly grateful for this guy:

[Josiah and I on graduation day 2012]
My brother Josiah is one of my absolute bestest friends!
Fourteen years ago today, he was handed a death sentence, a diagnoses of terminal lymphoma.
But God is so incredibly good and He interposed and gave Josiah life.


Fourteen years later, we are celebrating his graduation from college and now he's preparing to pack up his car and move off for grad school (which would be sad if it wasn't so exciting)


He is off to have some pretty amazing adventures and I'm so proud of him! But... I will miss him like the dickens!

Whether he's being silly, quoting disney movies, or cracking Boadicea jokes, Josiah can make me laugh like no one else.

[New Years 2012]
And it will be strange without him around.

[October 2011 - Husky homecoming with Dad's letterman blanket]

[September 2011 - Last, first day of school together]


[Jeremiah's MC graduation]


[Summer 2010 - a Summer visit to campus just before he started there]
Josiah, you've become such a deep person. No, not just in the sense that you can confuse mom with big sounding words in your (published =) articles. I mean that you are truly thoughtful, spirit-sensitive, knowledgeable, and compassionate. You have literally amazed me over the last several years by branching out to new types of people, working so incredibly hard, attaining things that seemed impossible. I'm so proud of you. And I'm so grateful for you!


Just wanted to take this day to appreciate who you are and the simple fact that you are here.
So grateful that God had plans for you on this earth that would take longer than 11 years to achieve. I'm so excited to see where those plans take you next.

Love you tons,
Samara

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Great pictures and it's all so true. :)

    ReplyDelete