Tuesday, July 31, 2012

New season

Hello, I've been meaning to write this for a while but, for those I haven't told, I'm excited to say that I'll be starting a new job a week from today =)

I am just wrapping up my current position and it has been such a blessing the last two years of college. It has been a great fit--they even allowed me to take seven weeks off last summer for my excursion in England!

But I am SO excited for my new position. About a month back I applied for an opening as a receptionist at an accounting firm in Bellevue. Honestly, it was one of a gazillion places I applied. But they were--and still are--one of the only companies to respond. After a phone interview, they asked me to come in. I chatted with a whole bunch of people on the admin team and everything went really well. At the end of the interview, the HR director and office manager came back in and told me that while interviewing for a receptionist, they'd had their eye open for an executive assistant to the president of their company. As the company's grown, they've needed someone dedicated entirely to him. They asked me to consider the role. I did. I met with the president the next week and that also went well... so they offered me the job =) This has been a hugely miraculous process--I mean, it's more than I had hoped!! And not just salary-wise, although, Lord knows, that's amazing; the whole position means more. More compensation, more influence, more challenges--but challenges that I feel ready for. I honestly don't think there will be an "ordinary" day in this role, and I think that's great!

So here's to new seasons, new adventures, hello's and goodbye's all at the same time.


Here's to tomorrow =)

1 comment: