Sunday, August 15, 2010

Maybe it's just me... but does anyone else tear up at baby dedications?
I mean, this little guy or gal has their whole life ahead of them. They could be anything!
And its always a reminder that names have meanings--your name has meaning.
Then I think, someday, I'll have a baby!
And that is so exciting but so heavy...

Well, maybe it is just me.
I should have forewarned you that this blog would be pretty random... sorry. Be forewarned.
Ok. I'm getting excited for fall. I'm getting really excited to be back at the U and in class. haha
Ever since I first started college, for some reason, I just wanted to be a junior. I felt like everything would be more fun when I was a junior. And I'd be so much closer to finishing (which it really isn't... I've thought about starting a groupie called: "Grad school's where it's at." haha).
Maybe my junior year won't be all that I thought it would be... but I'm here nonetheless.
And it's going to be different but so good! Just this week, it became for sure that I won't be working at the clinic once school starts. I've been there 15 months, worked with INCREDIBLE people (like it's unfair), and so grown up. But the Lord has made it clear that it's time to move on. And while I have peace about that, it doesn't mean it won't be painful to leave--especially leaving the people (Laura, Chloe, Dr. Mark, Auntie Sue, Emily, Steph, April, Tong, etc...) But I know this is the right timing.
So... instead of working as much, my focus is really school (probably another reason I'm so excited about it). This fall I'll be going to class M/W from 8:30-3:30 and Fri. from 8:30 to 11:30. Then I'll be working T/TH 7-2 and Sat. 7-4 at Honda of Kirkland. That means I'm going to have so much more time to study, be at school, hang with my family, invest in my friendships, go on walks with Charlli, take naps, journal, and just be.
It's going to be different than the last few years... but I am soooo excited!
Now, I just have to address this sadness in my heart...
In just 3 days, I'll be saying goodbye to one of my bestest friends in the whole world. She's going away to school and I won't see her again till Christmas (we already have a date to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader together :). But it's been hard lately... really hard. Yesterday, I was telling her all the things that made me sad about her going away: no dinner dates at Cafe Veloce, no spontaneous Starbuck talks, no movie nights, and no hugs :(
I hate how it's hard to describe that, it's not that my other friends aren't "friends enough," it's just that no one can fill the same spot in your heart as someone else. I'm going to miss my dear friend sorely.
Beks - I love you! And even though we're going to be thousands of miles apart and three time zones away, I love you. Thank God for texting, facebook, blogspot, and gmail chat :) Please write often. I'm definitely still going to need your love, encouragement, and the random quotes from While You Were Sleeping. :)
*Sigh... I'm not looking forward to wednesday.
Ok... one other thing (I told you this post would be random)... Lately, the Lord has been so trying to get me out of my comfort zone in some different areas. I've put that off and resisted for about 2 months. But I decided this past week that I'm jumping in. Living comfortably is no fun. And I just had to say that I am making progress and to take this moment to be excited that I am "choosing to do the hard things." Way to go, Little Spirit Woman... go go go! haha
Oh! And just had to say that I recently got Brooke Fraser's album Albertine= in LOVE!! She is amaaaaazing. My favorite song right now is "The Thief" and it is with those lyrics I will leave you. Have a blessed Sunday afternoon.
The Thief
Your eyes are full
Full of the future of us
The air changes as you look across
At me in that wondering way
It is as if
I knew you before we spoke
Do our hearts know something we don't?
Conspiring, converging without giving us any say
You, sing me to sleep
Talk down my walls
Look through my windows as I wait
You could be the thief
I give the key to
You're ruining me
With secrets and gestures and looks
With sonnets from second hand books
Playing the chords in me nobody knew how to play

You, sing me to sleep
Talk down my walls
Look through my windows as I wait
You could be the thief
I give the key to
It fits in your hand like water in rain
It unlocks our two different selves
And shows we are the same
Rather than wait 'til I put me out for the taking
You're breaking
You're breaking
You're breaking into my heart
And I'm letting you...
Your eyes are full
Full of the future of us...

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, I love your random posts. They are so fun to read and I feel like I can relate to you in a lot of ways. What a fun year you have approaching...and I too am sad to say goodbye to Bek. Not fun.
    Loves to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful transition going back to school...and I, too, know how hard it is saying goodbye to friends. I'm a pastor's daughter, so we move around quite a bit. I have friends all over the country, and it hurts me that I can't see them more often!

    ReplyDelete