Thursday, December 30, 2010

Well, if nothing else I have my convictions, right?

I won't watch The Notebook till I'm married because it would just make miserable now.
I won't watch (500) Days of Summer because I would like it too much and make excuses for the bad things.
I won't buy my favorite love songs because they would take my mind too far into the future.

Sometimes, these things make me sad. I feel alone. But its ok.
It's more important to stay consecrated.

I just needed to remind my heart again...

2 comments:

  1. Samara I have to say. I hated the notebook and I strongly disliked 500 days of summer. Both of them were so frustrating to me because they glorified fighting and selfishness in relationships. Almost like you have to hate each other at some point to be in "true" love. The notebook in particular.
    There was NOTHING in them that represented true LOVE. Nothing about laying your life down for another. Nothing about the amazing blessing it is to save yourself for marriage!

    Maybe that will help you in your quest to wait but I say why watch them at all? :)


    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Thank you Rosie!!! I wrote this on a night when I was kind of low...
    But thanks so much for the encouragement! It means so much to me =)

    Love you too!

    ReplyDelete