Thursday, December 9, 2010


Check out those incredible eyes!!!
This is a bronze statue from ca. 350 BC entitled
the "Antikythera Youth" (which is just the place he was found :)
Actually, the truly amazing story behind this statue is that
it was found in a shipwreck.
So between 350 BC and sometime in the last few hundred years
the Mediterranean had been preserving this statue.
And yet, those incredible, in-laid eyes remain.

Maybe I'm a bit strange, but I think that is remarkable!

Well, Greek Art has been really fun this quarter.
I'm studying lots and lots and lots of slides for my final.

Oh! And I should probably tell you my exciting news.
It is official.
Winter Quarter, I will be taking a graduate seminar.
That means I'll be in class with people working
on their Master's degrees. Yikes!
I am soooooooo excited for this opportunity,
but, oh my word!, it's going to be intense.
So, if you think about it, pray for me.

Well, I need to get back to my studies.
Have a blessed day everyone,
and try to stay dry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment