Tuesday, December 14, 2010

"If you leave I'll still be close to you
When all your fears rain down
I'll take you back a thousand times again
I'll take you as my own
I would sing you songs of innocence
'Til the light of morning comes
'Til the rays of gold and honey
Cover you
In the sweetness of the dawn
But you're always on the run
Slow your breath down
Just take it slow
Find your heart now, oh
You can trust in love again
Slow your breath down, just take it slow
Find your smile now, oh
You can trust in love again
You're not alone
You're now a part of me
You feel the cure
I'll find the toil it brought you..."
-"Slow Your Breath Down" by Future of Forestry
I have owned this song for almost a year.
I've played it several times.
But last friday at the Future of Forestry Advent Concert
(one of the highlights of the year, I'm making it an annual tradition),
last friday was the first time I really heard this song.
Such powerful lyrics, and seeing it live brought me to tears.
Read those words again and let them minister to you.
Enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment