Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Renee Yohe

I got to go hear this lovely woman share tonight.


She is seriously one of the most beautifully real people I've ever heard or met.
[If any of you have not heard of To Write Love on Her Arms, you should read Renee's story]
She shared so openly tonight, and not just about the TWLOHA story. She spoke about how there is hope, not in the notion of perfection, but in rising every time we fall. She said:

"People didn't connect to my story because I was perfect. It was because I was transparent."

And this girl means it. I bought her book tonight, Purpose in the Pain, and opened it expecting to get a glimpse of her story... The entire book is a facsimile of her journals over the last few years. I was amazed at this woman's vulnerability. Who publishes their journal? She was so honest tonight and it convicted me. How authentic am I? Where do I need to be more transparent with my heart?
I am so excited because she is releasing an EP, under her band name "Renee and the Translators." Plus, next year, "Renee" the movie comes out. So excited to see where Renee's story goes next :)

No comments:

Post a Comment