Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Currently listening...

to a lot of Lorde.  I am super impressed by this girl!  Her sound.  Her social commentary.  Everything just points to an incredible vision.  And the chick isn't even 17 yet!

A few of my favorites off Pure Heroine  (female hero, not drug ;) -



We live in cities you'll never see on screen
Not very pretty, but we sure know how to run free
Living in ruins of the palace within my dreams
And you know, we're on each other's team

I’m kind of over getting told to throw my hands up in the air
So there




The men up on the news
They try to tell us all that we will lose
But it's so easy in this blue where everything is good

And I'll never go home again
Favorite friend, and nothing's wrong but nothing's true
I live in a hologram with you



I'll let you in on something big:
I am not a white teeth teen
I tried to join but never did
The way they are, the way they seem
Is something else, it's in the blood


For more music, visit her YouTube channel.  Here's a write up from the Huff Post on her tracklist.  And here's some more awesomeness from Buzzfeed

Her music makes me think.  And it makes me want to dance.

Comparisons abound.  I hear her and think young Florence Welch.  No, sweeter Lana Del Rey.  No matter... Lately, Lorde's been my jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment