Sunday, September 28, 2014

Observations from a furtive visit to the English offices the day before Fall term... 

Hushed murmers betray frustration 
I mouth my presentation in practice 
I get to play hero by unjamming the sole printer
Glad to put those skills from a corporate office to use
I print materials & sort them for tomorrow's 9 am class
2 piles: 1 for the 23 of them, 1 for me
They're nearly the same height
I double check that everything is saved somewhere in the cloud
I scribble lists. Type lists. Cross out lists. 
The most important conundrum - what am I going to wear? - continues
And mostly I wonder, "Am I really doing this?"

After tomorrow it's all a torrent. An exciting torrent. But...Is anyone ever ready for these kind of adventures? 
I am as ready as I'll ever be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment