Friday, June 24, 2011

Announcing "Featured Artists" - Josh Garrels

I've been meaning to do this for a while. As in, over a year now.
I often share these thoughts anyway, but I've decided to add a "Featured Artist" segment to this blog. I often find myself with new obsessions with books or musicians or actors or photographers and I wanted a forum to share what I appreciate about them. These won't be once a week or once a month... just whenever I find a good one. And please feel free to tell me what you think about the featured artist or other artists that you like.

The debut Feature Artist is: Josh Garrels
He just released this new album and all 18 beautiful songs are available here for free =)
My personal favorite is "Ulysses," a gorgeous ballad based, obviously, on The Odyssey.

Lyrics:

I’m holding on to the hope that one day this could be made right.

I’ve been shipwrecked, and left for dead, and I have seen the darkest sights.

Everyone I’ve loved seems like a stranger in the night

But Oh my heart still burns, tells me to return, and search the fading light.


I’m sailing home to you I wont be long

By the light of moon I will press on

Until, I find, my love


Trouble has beset my ways, and wicked winds have blown

Sirens call my name, they say they’ll ease my pain, then break me on the stones

But true love is the burden that will carry me back home

Carry me with the memories of the beauty I have known


I’m sailing home to you I wont be long

By the light of moon I will press on


So tie me to the mast of this old ship and point me home

Before I lose the one I love, before my chance is gone

I want to hold her in my arms


Check out his music and his fan page. Tell me what you think =)

3 comments:

  1. Great idea, Samara!
    You could add an extra page on your blog to archive the featured artists on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, do you know how I can do that?? I'd love that =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Samara! It's downloading as I type ;)

    ReplyDelete