Thursday, June 23, 2011

I just wanted to post some passages I have been in lately, all from the Message -

"God does not respond to what we do; we respond to what God does... Our lives get in step with God and all others by letting Him set the pace, not proudly or anxiously trying to run the parade." - excerpts from Romans 3

"Abraham entered into what God was doing for him and that was the turning point. He trusted God to set him right instead of trying to be right on his own... if you see that the job is too big for you, that its something only God can do, and you trust Him to do it... well, that trusting-Him-to-do-it is what gets you set right with God, by God. Sheer gift...
"If there is no contract in the first place, simply a promise--and God's promise at that--you can't break it. This is why the fulfillment of GOd's promise depends entirely on trusting God and his way, and then simply embracing him and what he does...
"We call Abraham 'father' not because he got God's attention by living like a saint, but because God made something out of Abraham when he was a nobody... Abraham was first named 'father' and then became a father because he dared to trust God to do what only God could do: raise the dead to life, with a word make something out of nothing. When everything was hopeless, Abraham believed anyway, deciding to live not on the basis of what he saw he couldn't do but on what God said he would do." - excerpts from Romans 4, the whole thing is amazing!

[personal note: I just love the emphasis on trusting God to become... very much where I am at right now.]

"For you've always been a safe place for me,
a good place to hide.
Strong God... I can always count on you--
God, my dependable love."
- from Psalm 59

"He's solid rock under my feet,
breathing room for my soul,
an impregnable castle:
I'm set for life...
God is a safe place to be."
- from Psalm 62

No comments:

Post a Comment