Friday, June 3, 2011

"Hallelujah!
Thank God! And why?
Because He's good,
because His love lasts..."
-Ps. 106.1

In my preparations for Oxford, one of the last details I was concerned about was what would happen after Oxford. Specifically, I had no idea how I would pay for school next year with rising tuition and without working the whole summer. But I knew that if the Lord wanted me to go on this adventure with Him--and He was very clear that He did--that He would provide for all of my needs.
Well, last night I received a hand-addressed letter from the undergraduate chair of the English department informing me that I won a scholarship!! I applied to it months ago and hadn't heard anything. But I did receive one of the scholarships and it will cover almost the entire first quarter!
I cannot tell you how many times I have heard, "The Lord pays for what He orders." But can I just share from my own experience, "It's true!"

He is able to do exceedingly, abundantly more than all we ask, seek, or imagine (Eph. 3.20)

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO stoked for you. Our God is incredible, and I love hearing how this exciting adventure and life is unfolding for you. AND we'll be in Europe at the same time! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, thanks for sharing,that is so encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two world travellers!
    Congratulations, Samara :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That is amazing, and SO encouraging!!

    ReplyDelete