Thursday, June 23, 2011

A travesty has occured. A terrible injustice that can't really be rectified.

Ok... maybe I'm over exaggerating. But really, it is terrible.
As some of you may know, over the last few weeks, I have been absolutely enthralled with Jeffrey Overstreet's fantasy series, The Auralia Thread. These past weeks have seen late nights and very early mornings. I have waited anxious and impatient for library holds to be placed and enjoyed the thrill of consuming books in just a few days. Girls like Auralia and boys like Rescue, kings and creatures and colors have all taken on a life of their own and become part of my reality.
As of last night I have finished Auralia's Colors, Cyndere's Midnight, and Raven's Ladder. The series ends with The Ale-Boy's Feast. At 12:05 am this morning, I was more confused than ever but proud of myself that I wouldn't have to wait as long for the next book to come to the library. After being gripped by the story, I had placed a hold on it a few weeks ago so that it would be ready now. But this morning I checked my holds on the library's site. I have no idea what happened. Where it showed a hold on the book only a few days before, as of today, there was no hold. How a hold could just disappear, I have no idea. It's bad enough that this series is 4 books rather than the standard trilogy, but to have the library system just turn on me--ouch!
So I caved and bought the book on Amazon. It should be here by friday and this weekend both my roommates and my parents are out of town. So I will be able to spend my free time with my book. Until then, I am working on finishing The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde and should be done soon. Then I can fly away with my mind at literary rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment