Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ok... forgive me for going all nerd on you, but I love Apple.
The first computer we ever owned was a Macintosh green-screen from the 1980's. That's the computer on which I played oregon trail (the floppy disc version) as a child. But after, that, it was a long time till I had another apple product.
When I was 14, Mara Baker and I shared a room and she was a gloriously hard-core apple believer. She owned a macbook pro and it was not long before she had converted me. I wanted a mac. Shortly after that, one of my friends at school purchased one. That settled it.
When I was 17, my dad bought me a white macbook as a congratulations for a public speaking competition. My winning speech was centered around french footballer Zinedine Zidane, so to this day, I call my little Mac Zinedine. Well, 4 years and 2 hard drives later, I'm still loving on the same Macbook (and very much looking forward to my next one :).I've converted 3 people (who all used to be Ma
c haters!) to macs and I love it! I understand the argument that there are certain things you can't do on a mac if you're a programer, yeah yeah... but most of us aren't! So we can enjoy our glorious Apple products...

...all thanks to this guy:

Steve Jobs. The one. The only.

As many of you have probably heard, Steve Jobs resigned today.
He was such a pioneer, and he will be missed

A few years ago, I saw this clip--his introduction to the first Macintosh. The bow tie and double-breasted blazer are as far a cry from the black turtleneck as the bulky macintosh is from the slim iphone, but it is Steve Job's Apple nonetheless:

Steve Jobs resignation letter:
I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come...
I believe Apple's brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.
I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.
Steve

Thank you Steve Jobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment