Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Only 6 days till I fly home and 1 week till family camp =) I am struggling with all the mixed feelings of loving Oxford, but also being so ready to be home. This has been so incredible and I can't believe its ending. We wrap up and I say goodbye to everyone on friday ='( But, I cannot wait to go home! So I thought I'd share just a few things that I love about both.

Things I will miss:
  • being surrounded by old, beautiful things--the streets, the buildings, the books, etc
  • my kindred spirit, Kristina =')
  • british accents
  • the new building quad at Magdalen and my tree
  • Jane Austen discussions
  • Bus reader boards
  • Stephanie Downing, one of the funniest, most amazing people I know--please move to Bellevue =)
  • Magdalen's dining hall
  • going places connected to so many favorite authors
  • Radcliffe Camera! All of the Bodleian, but especially the Radcliffe
  • having a Bod card
  • nerding out all the time with good friends
  • English gardens
  • earl grey
  • culture that was made for me: plays, bookshops, the Ashmolean Museum
  • amazing Magdalen hot chocolate every morning for breakfast
  • pedantic breakfast conversations
Things I can't wait for:
  • my family
  • Ross and Ida
  • Mexican food
  • late night Starbucks
  • late night anything!
  • my own bed and shower
  • driving!!
  • Kirkland waterfront (especially now that Jaunita Beach has reopened)
  • talking to my parents whenever
  • family movie nights
  • being able to plug more than one thing in at a time
  • pay checks
  • redoing my room with Sarah
  • Wednesday farmer's market
  • family camp and friends =)
*please note that these lists are not nearly comprehensive, just a few on the top of my head

3 comments:

  1. I didn't make the list? My children made the list, Sarah made the list...driving made the list! But I didn't make the list?!?! What the heck? Sar, I guess we know you are her favorite. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Miss! We all know that YOU are her favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness sake! I do not have A favorite... I have multiple ones and you're "both... favorites" hehe =)

    ReplyDelete