Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Today I literally tore my room apart to kill the 10th and scariest spider I have yet encountered in my room. I'm telling ya, man, Oxford is not for arachnophobics nor the faint of heart.
He scampered under the far bed, so I was obliged to move everything in my room to find him. When I eventually did, we were practically face to face--less than a foot away-- and he was charging towards me. I have done pretty well so far... but--I'm sorry--I screamed.
I guess I officially need to clean my room. Really, its not normally this bad... everything just got thrown into disarray because of the big black arachnid... yuck!
Well, after cleaning up from this little adventure, it is time to get ready for a better one. Today, a friend and I are going to Blenheim Palace, where Winston Churchill was born. The palace looks gorgeous and they have award winning gardens we can wander through. Its supposed to be hot and humid today in Oxford--a perfect day for a picnic at a palace =)

3 comments: