Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I'm only getting on here to lodge my protest.

I'm going to bed - but I don't want to. I want to stay up all night and read Ender's Game. But I'm complying with grown up rules - especially the ones about not showing up to work after fiction-induced sleep-deprivation, suffering from fiction withdrawals. As Ashley Clements would say, "500 adult points!"

I will add just two things that terrify me:
1. Peter Wiggins
2. Orson Scott Card's uncanny premonition not just of the internet's existence, but of the way it would work. I mean, he's writing in 1977, but everyone has iPads and are using "net forums" to communicate. Hmmm

4 comments:

  1. Cannot wait to read that!!! It's been sitting on my desk staring at me...but summer. Summer I will get to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayla - definitely wait till summer... if I had read this during classes, it would have been like, course-work? out the window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I need to read it...hmmm, well some day. Someday after I finish my school readings, Restaurant at the End of the Universe, Les Miserables, Ruthless Trust, Lady in Waiting, and 7 Habits of High Effective People (all current reads)...someday. And maybe someday my book list will actually shrink instead of perpetually growing...probably not ;)

    ReplyDelete