Friday, February 17, 2012

Just finished Sense and Sensibility (BBC, 2008) with Miss Charlli =)
Seriously, this film is my favorite Jane Austen adaptation. Period.
I love Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet. Of course, I love both of the contemporary Pride and Prejudice adaptations--but this is SO well done and just beautifully cast.
I highly, highly recommend seeing it if you get the chance.

[Love these two as Elinor and Marianne... aka my sister and me]

[Colonel Brandon (David Morrissey), Mariane (Charity Wakefield), and Willoughby (Dominic Cooper)]

and then of course... these two =)
[Elinor (Hattie Morahan) and Edward (Dan Stevens)]

Of course I think he's brilliant in Downton
(see yesterday's post)
But I saw him in S&S first... and actually like his hair darker.
But they're all fabulous!

Also making an appearance in the adaptation: the brrrilliant Mark Gatiss--Sherlock co-creator, writer, and actor.
[Gatiss as Mycroft Holmes]

And to wrap up marvelous British adaptations in a neat package, I give you a little surprise from Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
There I was, enjoying the film and its incredible cast (Gary Oldman, Colin Firth, Mark Strong, etc) when this little scene gave me a nice shock.
Peter Guillam (Benedict Cumberbatch, Sherlock) walks into a room and the secretary is played by Laura Carmichael (Lady Edith Crawley, Downton Abbey).
I turned to my friend and said, "My favorite BBC worlds just collided." haha

All that to say... I just love how intertwined British film/tv/stage is!
Cheers ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment